Many thanks to Thomas Nelson Bibles for providing a sample of the product for this review. Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.
I received this beautiful Bible to review. I had challenged my kids to read through the Bible in 2023 (they get to pick their version as I have a lot of different reading levels in my house) and my teen snapped this Bible up as soon as it arrived.
She loves that it has space on the side for her to doodle and write notes. And she loves the soft cover on this Bible. And honestly, I think she’s super excited about having a new Bible for her reading through the Bible challenge this year!
- Bible book introductions provide a concise overview of the background
and historical context of the book about to be read
- 365 Day Bible Reading Plan guiding you through the entire Bible in a year
- Line-matched, single-column Scripture text for improved readability
- Smyth-sewn binding lays flat in your hand or on your desk
- Two satin ribbon markers allows you to easily navigate and keep track of
where you were reading
- Easy-to-read 9-point NET Comfort Print
Wanting some inspiration for what to read? Check out The Abide Experience: 21 Days in John, a FREE Video Devotion featuring Dr. Phil Collins, general editor of the Abide Bible, a Bible designed around five methods of Scripture Engagement that will change the way you read Scripture.
The Abide Experience is FREE and includes 21 Video devotions delivered by email and a full download of the book of John from The Abide Bible!
Transform your personal Bible devotions into intimate, ongoing conversations with God with various Scripture engagement approaches that keep Bible reading fresh and new. “Abide in Me.” John 15:4 Do you yearn for life-giving, intimate communion with God? The Abide Bible is designed to help you experience the peace, hope, and growth that comes from encountering the voice and presence of God in Scripture. Every feature in Abide is designed to teach and develop Scripture-engagement habits that help you know the power and spiritual nourishment of abiding in Christ.
And, for ongoing motivation, created in partnership with Bible Gateway and the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement, The Abide Bible’s features include articles, book introductions, and practical Scripture engagement prompts based on five ways of engaging deeply with the Bible such as:
- Praying Scripture: Pattern your prayers after biblical texts, personalizing the
prayer and gaining language for the thoughts and emotions you want to express.
- Picture It: Place yourself in a biblical narrative as a bystander or participant in
- Journaling: Focus and reflect on Scripture and its meaning for your life, opening yourself to God’s voice as you ponder.
- Engage Through Art: Consider a classic piece of art—photograph, sculpture,
painting—and let it deepen your meditations on scriptural truths.
- Contemplate: Follow the church’s longstanding practice of reading, meditating on, praying, and contemplating a passage of Scripture in order to experience God’s presence through the words of the Bible.
Want to check it out for yourself? Enter below for a chance to win a copy of the Abide Bible.