So…shiny black dresses are apparently hard to photograph, but I think you can get the general idea.
I found this huge skirt at a yardsale this past summer for $1 that I decided to make a dress for the toddler out of. You can’t see it really well in the picture but it has embroidered flowers all down the front of the skirt. The minute I saw it I knew it would make a cute dress, and I even had enough fabric for the bloomers!
Up close on the front of the dress. You can kind of see where I did some altering to the from to make the very top section of the front see-through.
If I ever do a project like this again I’m going to remove the waste band from the skirt before I start cutting. It was a little difficult to cut out a pattern because the skirt was gathered at the top and I couldn’t get the pieces to lie flat.
I tried it on the baby already and it’s so cute! Now, on to my Easter dress project!
I absolutely LOVED this bubble skirt dress pattern!
It’s McCall’s M6271. You can do it long or short, and there’s also shorts to go under the short dress version.
I made the longer version since my little girl refuses to wear shorts.
And it’s adorable! I’ve tried out several bubble skirt dress patterns and this is the first one that I’ve liked. I think because this pattern has LOTS of fabric in the skirt so it’s nice and poofy. Guaranteed to make my little princess happy!
My latest dress for my little girl. She loves dresses so I’ve just started getting her only dresses since that’s all she wears. I have a drawer full of cute play clothes that have never gotten worn. Oh well, maybe the baby will like them when she’s bigger!
The pattern didn’t call for a bow in the back but the ribbon was just so cute I had to add it! And, what you can’t see in the picture is the underskirt with tulle to make the dress fuller.
One thing about this pattern, there’s buttons in the back and I’ve never seen a skirt with buttons constructed quite this way. I think it had to do with the underskirt but I found it a little confusing. I ended up reading the instructions 4 times before I fully understood it.
Here’s my latest creation. A pink camouflage dress for my little girl. I was nervous about working with a knit since I have trouble with them stretching on me but this fabric worked great and it’s so comfortable!
I have a shirt cut out for myself out of this and I’m looking forward to getting it put together so I can wear it!
This was from McCall’s #6315 pattern. I added the pink lace at the neck and hem, but other than that I followed the pattern. There’s no zipper or button so this is a really easy and fast pattern. I put it together in under 2 hours.
My latest dress for my baby. It’ll be a tad long on her, but she’s not walking yet so it doesn’t really matter. And it should fit her for a little while. (probably until after she’s walking)
I had a small piece of that pre-pleated fabric that I used. There was just enough for the dress. I cut off the bottom, because it was too long and made it a 3 layer dress by hemming the piece I cut off and adding a red layer between the two black layers.
Also, at a children’s consignment sale the other day I got a cherry dress for my toddler. The girls will be so cute in their cherry dresses!
I just finished an Easter dress for my baby girl. Because of the lace on it took forever, but I think it was totally worth the extra time!
Even the bloomers have lace!