I love potatoes, bacon, and cheese! Side dishes just don’t get much better than this.
Cheesy Bacon Potatoes
6 medium potatoes
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
4 pieces fresh cooked bacon broken into pieces, or 1/4 cup bacon bits
2 cloves garlic crushed
salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom and sides of a 9X9 casserole pan.
- Peel and slice potatoes into thin slices. Mix potatoes with heavy cream, 1/2 cup cheese, garlic, and salt & pepper.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan. Top with 1/2 cup cheese and bacon bits.
- Bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender
I tried out a new cabbage recipe last night. I like cabbage, my husband doesn’t like cabbage, and the kids find cabbage too hard to chew up if it’s not cooked really well. So I decided to try a Cabbage Au Gratin and see how that worked out.
The girls and I loved this recipe. The baby ate two helpings! I got it off of All Recipes
and made a few adjustments based on people’s comments on the site. My recipe is below and you can compare it to the original
if you’d like.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup lightly seasoned breadcrumbs
- In a large skillet with about 1 tsp oil, saute the cabbage, carrot, onions, and garlic for 7 minutes or crisp-tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Be careful not to whisk too much or the cream will thicken. Pour over the vegetables and cheese. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.