Since there’s no school today, I decided to post about something other than Homeschooling this week 🙂
Thanks to Karyl’s Kulinary Krusade for the Liebster Award!
Wow, thanks so much! I’m truly honored to be recognized. “Liebster” means “dearest” or “favorite” in German. It’s also known as the “Love Blog Award.”
The award is to show newer bloggers that they’re appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Acknowledge the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you provided.
4. Choose 11 blogs you love and nominate them.
5. Create a list of 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Let your nominated bloggers know!
11 Random Facts about Me:
1. I love summer, I’d much much rather be hot than cold!
2. I used to hate chocolate ice cream. Until I was pregnant with my 3rd child. Now I love it.
3. While we’re talking about food, I haven’t liked chicken since becoming pregnant with my 1st child. It’s so strange how pregnancy changes so much.
4. I hate having my hands dirty.
5. I can sightread anything in a hymnal.
6. I do lots of random things left-handed, even though I’m not left-handed.
7. I love algebra.
8. I like all things elephant – jewelry, pictures, decorations, etc.
9. My hair gets so frizzy on humid days!
10. I have 3 children.
11. My favorite author is James Fenmore Cooper.
1. If you had a super power, what would it be? – I would love to fly. Because that has just got to be the best way to travel. Not sure how well flying would work for me while toting all 3 kid’s backpacks, and waterbottles, and lunches, and shoes, and… but I would have fun trying!
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? – Honestly, I love Tennessee (that’s where I live). It’s so beautiful and we get all 4 seasons, but winters aren’t too awfully cold!
3. You have an entire day completely to yourself. No spouse/kids/work. How do you spend it? – Ummmm, hmmm, I really don’t know. I don’t think this has ever happened to me. I would probably clean the house and do lots of reading.
4. What have you found to be the most frustrating part about blogging? – Just coming up with something to say every week can be a challenge. I’ve finally found some things that I like to blog about and I feel like I’m actually making some progress towards creating interesting content.
5. What is the best advice you have for new bloggers? – Be patient. And keep trying. It takes a long time to build up readers. And it takes lots of practice to create interesting content.
6. If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or dead, who would they be? – My parents and my sister. I only get to eat dinner with them about 3 times a year because we don’t live close to each other. I would love to see them more often!
7. If you could change your first name, what would you change it to? – I really like my name, I have a few things I would NOT change it to, but I can’t really thing of a name I’d rather have.
8. If you were trapped on a deserted island what are your top 3 things you would want to have with you? – A really good book (because I might be reading it for a while), food (you’ve got to eat), my family (it would be so boring to be trapped alone!)
9. What is your favorite sport to watch? Your favorite team (college or pro)? Football, I’m a Dallas Cowboy’s fan (because my husband is). I grew up with baseball and didn’t really start paying attention to football until after I married.
10. What do you do at the end of a long day to relax and unwind? – I work on my blog. Honestly, I do. It’s the only part of the day that’s quiet and I can work in peace.
11. What inspired you to begin blogging? – I want to become a better write, and writing a blog is a great way to practice.
11 Blogs I Nominate:
1. So-So Mom
2. Takisha Nesbitt
3. Hey Little Sweet Thing
4. All Things Lovely
5. Mrs. Bishop
6. Blissful Gal
7. Amidst the Chaos
8. Her Heartland Soul
9. Birth With a French Fry
10. Because I’m Cheap
11. Boho Berry
My 11 Questions for You:
1. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. If you could choose any occupation, what would you do?
5. What have you found to be the most frustrating part about blogging?
6. What inspired you to start blogging?
7. What do you like most about blogging?
8. What’s your favorite way to relax?
9. What’s a goal that you want to accomplish in the next couple of years?
10. If you could go on any vacation, where would you go and what would you do?
11. What’s your favorite instrument to listen to or play?