So far, this is my favorite way to eat eggplant.
Breaded, Baked, Eggplant
1 medium eggplant
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Start by slicing your eggplant in 1/4 to 1/2 in. slices. Salt them and set them out on a cookie sheet. Place a second cookie sheet on top and press down onto the eggplant. Let this set for about 20 minutes. Rinse the eggplant slices under running water, set on a towel, and pat dry. This removes a lot of the extra juices from the eggplant and will help your breaded eggplant to not be too soggy.
2. Put the flour, 1/4 t pepper and 1/4 t salt in a bowl, mix. In a second bowl beat the egg with a fork. In a third bowl combine the cornmeal and parmesan cheese.
3. Dip the eggplant slices on both sides in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then the cornmeal mixture. Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, flipping halfway so they cook evenly on both sides.
5. You can serve as is or with a marinara sauce for dipping.