Ever heard of the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award? It’s given to bloggers by other bloggers to recognize each other and shed a little light on other sites. I’m so honored to have been nominated for this award by the Diapers to Potty blog. I always love browsing other Mommy Blogs and I’ve been enjoying the content and engagement of Diapers to Potty. I’m so excited to participate in this blogger award!
The rules are pretty simple
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site.
- Answer the 10 questions sent to you.
- Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 8 other bloggers, link them in your post and notify them of their nomination
Questions to answer
- How long have you been blogging? I’ve been blogging on here for several years. Mainly just tossing around ideas and trying out different things to see what works for me. I really didn’t start getting serious about it until this year.
- What are your long term goals for your blog? Long term, I’d like to actually make some money doing this. Also, I want to have fun and I want to share things I’ve learned with other moms.
- What do you love about blogging? I love how easy it is to express myself. It’s a great creative outlet for me and motivates me to do things like try new recipes for my Food Friday series that I’m doing (check back Friday for more recipes). Also, I’ve come across many awesome blogs and it’s so much fun to network and see what others are doing as well.
- And what do you hate, or at least just dislike? I hate writers block. That’s been my biggest challenge to starting a blog, what do I write? I also hate writing – well, I used to. I’m honestly beginning to enjoy it. It’s been a big obstacle to overcome.
- Do you have children and do they influence your blog? Yes, I have 3. And they do influence my blog quite a lot. Since I’m home with them pretty much everything I write about in influenced by their opinions and what I’m doing with them.
- What is one thing you have learned about blogging that you never would have thought of before hand? It’s remarkably hard to get people to read your blog. You can’t just put it out there and expect good things to happen. I spend a ton of time networking and just exploring new ways to network with other bloggers.
- What are your hobbies outside of your blog? Cooking, sewing (I promise, there will be crafts on here eventually, having 3 regular posts a week was a big step this year), reading, music (I play), graphic design (I do small business websites and other smaller graphic projects), and finding fun things to do with the kids. I also love yoga, but I don’t have a lot of time for it, I’m not sure you can call my once a month visit to the gym a hobby.
- Are there any bloggers that you aspire to be like? I haven’t really picked a favorite.
- How do you juggle being a mom along with all of your other roles? I do a lot of work during naptime and focus on spending time with the kids when everyone is awake.
- Tell me one thing about yourself that most of your readers do not know? I’m really pretty introverted. I love being alone and if you call my phone I probably won’t answer. I’d rather text or email.
- An Uncomplicated Life Blog
- B is 4
- Feeding Big
- Coming Up Roses
- Happily Ever After
- Happily Hughes
- Here I Scribble
- Kiddie Matters
Questions for my Nominees
- How long have you been blogging?
- What are your long-term goals for your blog?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What do you dislike the most about blogging?
- How does your family influence your blog?
- What is something your learned about blogging that you didn’t know a year ago?
- What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
- What’s one thing you do to pamper yourself?
- How do you juggle it all?
- What is one thing about yourself that most of your readers do not know?